Most Important Updates
We will post a log of all updates to this page along with the date it was updated below, there will be further information for these points on this page.
– Government Announcement Update – Following the latest government announcement, the Leisure Centre will remain closed for a little while longer. The next tier review date is on the 13th of January.
– Centre Closure – Due to our local area being placed into tier 4, the centre will be closed with immediate effect.
– All other information on this page hidden temporarily – As we are closed we do not want to show conflict information so all other sections of our update page have been temporarily hidden until we can re-open. We will keep you updates as much as possible.
– Christmas page added to the website with all updates on changes over Christmas 2020 – www.lordswood-leisure.co.uk/christmas
– Reopening email sent to members
– Can & Cannot Dos – We have added a “what we can” and “what we cannot do” section
– New Temporary Opening Times – Our opening times have changes, we will now open Monday – Friday 7am until 1pm and 7pm until 9pm. On Saturday and Sunday we will be open from 8am until 1.30pm.
– New Gym Session Times – Due to our new temporary opening times the gym session times will change, these sessions can now be booked online.
– Memberships Restarted – Memberships that were frozen will be reactivated with immediate effect unless notified. Further information can be found below.
– Christmas Opening Times Added
– Information on booking systems for Virtual Fitness Classes / Gym Sessions Updated
– Junior Gym Times Updated
– Virtual Fitness Class Recordings Added – We are now recording our Virtual Fitness Classes. Simply register for the class even if you can’t make the time of the class and we will get a copy of the recording to you via e-mail. The recording is available for up to 24 hours after the class has ended.
– Virtual Fitness Class / Virtual Programme Information Added – We have setup a purpose built website for customers to book their Virtual Fitness Class or Virtual Programme, you can access the site at www.acornsfitness.co.uk
– Second Lockdown Closure – The Leisure Centre will be closed from Thursday 5th November 2020 until further notice, we expect we can reopen on the 2nd December 2020.
– Virtual Streaming Classes – During the second lockdown closure we are introducing virtual streaming classes where members and non-members will be able to join a zoom session with our fitness instructors and attend classes in the comfort of their own home. Non-members will have to pay £5 per class.
– Membership information updated – Memberships will continue as normal as the planned lockdown is only short, members can freeze if they wish by contacting the centre.
– Gym Times Changed – Times for the gym are changing from the 2nd November. There are new sessions which are now 1.5hrs long. The capacity for the amount of members has also increased to 30 people.
– New Queueing System – The days are getting colder so we’ve moved the queueing system from outside in the cold to inside in the warm!
– New Video Added r.e. the above updates
– Junior Gym Times Changed – Times changed to fit around school times, weekdays are now 4.45pm – 5.45pm and weekends are 2.15pm – 3.15pm and 3.45pm – 4.45pm.
– Junior Trampolining Information Added – Sessions start again from Saturday 12th September. Saturday sessions will be 10am – 11am and 11.15am – 12.15pm (Starting Saturday 12th September 2020). Wednesday sessions will be 4pm – 5pm and 5.15pm – 6.15pm (Starting Wednesday 16th September).
We also have 2x brand new EuroTramp trampolines!
– Funtime dates added – We are pleased to say that Funtime will be starting again in October although we will have limited places and no special offers in place. New temporary session times – 8.00am – 6.00pm and 10.30am – 4.00pm. We can only accept children Aged 5 and above. New policies and procedures to follow in the coming weeks.
– Gym Procedures Updates – New session times, extended gym time (was 45 minutes, now 1 hour), gym session time changes, more customers allowed per session, programmes restarting, inductions restarting
– Prime time information added – Prime time to go ahead from September with Sonia Everest
– Second spin class added – Another spin class will take place on Friday evenings from the 14th August
– Online booking system registering and booking information slightly updated
– Procedures and policies added for the Gym, online booking system information added, website links changed.
– Phone lines to re-open notice addded – Phone lines re-open Saturday 25th July 2020
– Sunshower booking information added
– Temporary opening hours added
– No classes on 25th July 2020 note added
– Downloadable copies of e-mails sent to members and procedures added
– Myth Busters and MediKoat Cleaning Video Added
– Opening date added, with further information to follow – Opening Date Saturday 25th July 2020
– Funtime Information Updated – Summer Funtime cancelled
– Dedicated coronavirus page created and website re-opened to customers
– Donation Page Added – Click Here To Visit The Donation Page
– E-mail sent to members regarding voluntary restarting of memberships or voluntary £5 monthly fee to help with running of the centre during the lockdown – Click Here To Read The E-mail