The roadmap to full re-opening
Please be aware that these dates are not guaranteed as they follow the roadmap from the government. This roadmap is dependent on the infection rate reducing and vaccination targets being met.
Looking for information on a specific part of Lordswood Leisure Centre? Jump to it here!
Gym, Fitness Classes & Membership
Classes, Gym & Memberships
Acorns Health and Fitness – Gym Memberships
The gym has been re-opened and memberships are back to normal.
We are also welcoming new members.
If you have any membership queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gym Session Times
Due to our new temporary opening hours (please the top of this page for full details) our Gym Session times will be changing
The new gym sessions will be:
7.15 am – 8.15 am
8.45 am – 9.45 am
10.00am – 11.30am
12.00pm – 1.00pm
4.15 pm – 5.45 pm (including junior gym)
6.15pm – 7.45pm
8.00pm – 9.00pm
8.15 am – 9.45 am
10.15am – 11.45am
12.15pm – 1.15pm (including junior gym)
We are pleased to welcome back fitness classes into the centre from Monday 17th May 2021.
Our class timetable will revert to what it was before the last lockdown, you can download a copy of this below. We have also added a handful of classes.
Certain fitness classes will also be available to join live on Zoom until June, from June we aim to remove live Zoom classes but you will have the ability to watch a recorded version of the class.
You can continue to join virtual only fitness classes until Friday 14th May 2021.
The www.acornsfitness.co.uk website will remain for those who wish to book onto a Zoom class or for those wishing to receive the recording once the class has finished.
Virtual Fitness Class Recordings
Our virtual fitness classes are now being recorded this means that even if you can’t make the session time you will still be able to watch the class back at a later time that suits you.
The recordings are only available for 24 hours after the class has ended.
In order to access the recordings please sign up for the Virtual Fitness Class as normal, you do not have to attend the live class to receive the recording. This means that we will have your e-mail address and we can send the recording to you after the class has ended.
Only the instructor will be seen or heard on the recording, you will be muted during the class and you can turn your camera off if you wish but instructors do love seeing you, don’t worry you won’t be seen on the recording though!
This information will be updated again in June when we remove live zoom classes and change to in person + recorded classes.
Gym Booking & Policies / Procedures
Use of the gym will be via pre-booked slots only. You can pre-book your gym session via the booking system online, via e-mail to email@example.com or call us to book a time slot (our phone lines reopen during our opening times from Monday 12th April 2021).
Gym slots are available to book 7 days in advance for members and 5 days for non-members. Gym members can book one session a day. The session times and lengths differ but the longest sessions allow you to workout for up to a maximum of 1.5 hours. You can only book ONE slot per day per member. You MUST arrive at the time your session begins, you can turn up slightly early and queue but we strongly discourage this.
You can cancel your own sessions within 24 hours of your session time, you can do this on the online booking system. Failure to cancel your session will incur a ‘did not attend’ record. Any member not showing for 4 sessions in a single month period will have their booking rights withdrawn for a period of one week or longer for repeat occurrences.
- You must stay at home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild. This includes muscle ache, headache, loss of smell/taste, sore throat
- Please pre-book your sessions online, via e-mail or via the phone before visiting the centre.
- A temperature check will take place at reception before entering the gym. Customers with a temperature over 38 will be refused entry.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry and exit from the facility and must be used by all members.
- Please come gym ready as the changing areas / lockers will be closed. We will provide a basket for all your personal belongings and safeguard them for you in a secure area.
- Please do NOT congregate pre/post workout or turn up early for your session
- You are allowed to bring a ‘sweat’ towel to train – strictly for personal use only.
- Please do not wipe down the equipment with your towel, use the sanitising wipes/spray provided.
- Phones and MP3 player/small media devices will be allowed in the gym.
- Water fountains will be out of use, so please always take your own water bottle and keep it with you.
- Please clean each machine and equipment with the sanitiser and blue roll provided before use and again after use.
- Shared items such as mats will not be available. You will need to bring your own.
- You may leave your gym session at any time within your time slot and you must vacate immediately when your gym session or class has finished.
- No “spotting” in the weight room is permitted
- Any weights used in the session must be left in the designated area to be thoroughly cleaned by our staff.
- No access to changing facilities and showers is permitted at this time
- Wash/sanitise your hands immediately after your workout
- We ask that you please wash your workout kit after each visit
- Toilets will be available. Please minimise the amount of time spent in them.
- You should leave the facility promptly after your session, using the hand sanitiser provided on the way out.
- If you require first aid, please notify the centre staff
Personal Training, Fitness Programmes and New Members Welcomed!
In accordance with national governing body guidance, PT can be resumed with social distancing observed.
New Gym inductions and programmes are now being taken.
Please note by booking your session you are agreeing to comply with the Member Code of Conduct for the safety of all our customers and staff.
Right of admission may be withdrawn if a member knowingly disregards this guidance, our Member Code of Conduct and puts others at risk.
Booking A Gym Session Or In Person Fitness Class Online
In order to book a gym session or an in person fitness class online you will need to have registered an online account with our e-leisure portal
In order to register for an account you will need to have your surname, your e-mail address you have registered with us and also your membership number.
If you do not know your membership number or the e-mail address you have with us, or you wish to update your e-mail address please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can book a gym session by clicking the ‘book a gym session’ button at the top of our website or by the button below on this page.
When visiting the online booking site, please select ‘register’ at the top right of the website and click ‘existing member’ then ‘continue’ on the next page.
Please enter your membership number, your last name and your e-mail address and then click register.
After you have clicked register, if your details are correct you will receive an activation link via e-mail, please click this link and complete the information requested on screen and set a password (we have noticed that special characters such as symbols have been known to cause password issues, please just use numbers and letters where possible).
Once this has been complete you should see a success message, once this message appears you can now click the login button and log into the website.
If you have already registered you can skip the steps above and simply click ‘login’ on the top right of the website and book a class as instructed below.
When logged in you can click ‘booking’ then ‘class booking timetable’. On this next page we recommend not changing any options and just pressing submit.
On the next page, you will see the days of that week and the sessions that are available for you to book. Simply select the date and then session you wish to book and press the blue book button and follow the instructions and checkout process to complete your booking.
Booking A Virtual Fitness Class Online
We have setup a dedicated website for booking Virtual Fitness Classes, this is the same place you register if you’d like to receive a recording of any class or wish to participate in the zoom class until June, you can visit and find out more about the booking process by heading to www.acornsfitness.co.uk
Non-members are able to join and watch the streaming sessions at a cost of £5 per session. The streamed sessions will only be available to those that book and will not be publicly accessible without pre-booking a slot.
Every virtual fitness class is recorded and e-mailed to those that have registered for the class. You DO NOT have to attend the live class to receive a copy of the recording. Recordings are only stored for 24 hours.
We are also pleased to announce that we will be able to offer inductions from Monday 12th April 2021.
Please get in touch with our team on (01634 682862) to arrange a suitable time and date for your induction.
We are pleased to welcome back junior gym sessions to Acorns Health & Fitness.
Junior gym will now be 4.15pm – 5.45pm weekdays and 2.15pm – 3.15pm and 12.15pm – 1.15pm on weekends.
Other activities and events
Junior activities at the centre will resume on Monday 17th May 2021, this includes all trampolining and sporting activities.
Saturday’s junior trampolining can resume from 24th April 2021, you must pre-book.
Children’s Birthday Parties
We are pleased that Children’s birthday parties will resume again from Monday 21st June 2021, you can get in touch now to book your child’s birthday party.
If you have any queries you can contact our party manager (Lesley) via email at email@example.com
Functions & Events
Functions and events will be able to resume from Monday 21st June 2021.
If you would like to postpone or discuss your date/event with our team then you can get in touch with our functions team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funtime – School Holiday Playscheme
We are pleased to say that Funtime will be resuming for the 2021 Summer Holidays!
Soon our full 6 week timetable will be released, Please check out our funtime page for further information on dates and activities.
– Only 2 time sessions are available currently, these sessions are 8am until 6pm and 10.30am until 4.00pm
– We can only take Children Ages 5 – 16
– We only have a capacity of up to 30 children maximum
– Procedures and guidelines will be updates and will follow in the coming weeks
– There are no special offers unfortunately
You can get in touch with our funtime team via e-mail at email@example.com if you have any queries.
Sunshowers / Tanning
We are operating a temporary booking system. Only one sun shower will be in operation and the time between bookings are being staggered to allow for additional cleaning.
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands and have their temperature taken before admission. We have increased the amount of hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre.
A new one-way system will be implemented with directional signs placed around to guide customers. All customers must be mindful of social distancing measures when using the centre.
Please clean the sun shower before and after use.
Our procedure will be continuously reviewed and updated in accordance with government guidance.
Customers must call to book their session, no walk in sessions are available. You must pre-book with us to ensure you can use the sunshower.
Indoor sports can resume on the 12th April. Restrictions do apply, these include:
– No team team sports (e.g. 5 a side football etc.)
– Racket Sports (Badminton, Table Tennis & Short Tennis) can resume from 14th May 2021. The rule of 6 should apply but people can be from different households.
These must be organised club sessions.